AVAILABLE GRADUATE ASSISTANT POSITION
ECAS Undergraduate Studies Office
Spring Semester 2015
Nature of Program: The ECAS Undergraduate Studies Office serves all the undergraduate students who have a major in the College. We keep records for over 4000 students, check their credentials for graduation and certify them for graduation.
Position Responsibilities: The GA position requires answering the phone, keeping calendars, serving as the initial point of contact in the office, and scheduling meetings. The successful candidate will also help maintain over 2,500 digital files and supporting documents, of undergraduate students in the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences, and assist with entering Degree Works exceptions and notes regarding student graduation.
The assignment requires 20 hours of work per week in the ECAS Undergraduate Studies Office during regular office hours. The Graduate Assistant will work from 10:00AM to 3:30PM though specific times are flexible to accommodate the GA’s classroom schedule as well as the needs of the office.
· Enrolled at WVU in a full-time ECAS graduate program for the spring 2015; if no suitable ECAS candidate is found, applicants outside the college will be considered.
· Due to the sensitive nature of working with confidential materials, and the importance of keeping accurate records, the successful applicant must be very dependable.
· Ability to perform meticulous review of materials, to pay close attention to details regarding students’ records.
· Excellent communication skills, in particular when working with students and faculty.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and with supervision
· Familiarity with Degree Works would be preferred
Stipend: $6,200 for 4.5 months plus tuition waiver and basic health insurance. Starting date: Jan 12, 2015 through May 15, 2015.
Application: Please submit a résumé and cover letter addressing: 1) the requirements mentioned above, 2) your graduate program and 3) availability schedule, either by email or in person to Tara Robbins (ECASUGStudies@mail.wvu.edu), 221 Armstrong Hall. Phone: 304-293-7476. Screening of applications starts now, and will continue until a suitable candidate is found.