Friday, August 19, 2011

Local Boy Makes Good: Ryan Claycomb Takes Over as Placement Director

This just in from the office of John Ernest, our new department chair:

"Ryan Claycomb has generously agreed to take on the role of PhD Placement Director.  You'll be hearing from him soon.  I know he will do a great job.  He has a very savvy sense of the mysterious ways of the usually somewhat random job market, and he has a sharp sense of how to increase your chances of standing out in your application materials.  Please join me in welcoming him to this new role and thanking him for his dedicated service to our program. 

While I'm stepping back from the role of PhD Placement Director, I'm still going to hold the weekly practice sessions for interviews and professional presentation this fall.  We'll meet on Thursdays at 4:00 in Colson 106.  If you're in the doctoral program, I hope you will join us, regardless of where you are in your studies."

No comments:

Post a Comment