Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Alumni News: Marisa Klages

TCH always welcomes news of former tenants who have left to make their way in the larger world. Today, we're happy to be able to share the following update from Marisa Klages (Ph.D. '08):

I'm an Assistant Professor at LaGuardia Community College. In the Spring I was appointed as the Director of Outcomes Assessment and I have also been appointed as the Project Director for a new grant funded by the Gates Foundation entitled "Global Skills for College Completion" which is LaGuardia Community College in conjunction with the League for Innovation in Community College and Knowledge in the Public Interest.

I recently had an article published in the Journal of Basic Writing with my co-author J. ELizabeth Clark entitled "New Worlds of Errors and Expectations: Basic Writers and Digital Assumptions." I also had another article published with my co-authors Patricia Sokolski and Evelyn Burg in the Journal of Learning Communities Research, "Beyond *Parallel Play*: Creating a Realistic Model of Integrative Learning with Community College Freshmen."

No comments:

Post a Comment