Monday, April 27, 2009

The Good Works of Wendy Belcher

As a follow-up to Jess Queener's post, allow me to lend my highest endorsement to Wendy Belcher's Writing Your Journal Article in Twelve Weeks (Sage, 2009). Wendy, now a professor of comparative literature at Princeton, for many years taught a popular course at UCLA on which this book is based. I took it myself once--it helped me write the article that helped me get this job, and I've incorporated many of its techniques into my own teaching. You can find information at her website.

While I'm on the subject, Wendy also manages FLOURISH, a monthly electronic newsletter about scholarly writing and publication. Witty, breezy and empathetic, it's always a source of helpful hints and anecdotes. Archives and subscription information are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment