Yesterday, the Professional Writing and Editing (PWE) program hosted the biannual PWE Poster Exhibit, where PWE capstone students showcase their writing and editing internship work for the university community.
Judges' and attendees' votes have been tallied, and the winners of the top poster awards are:
First Place: Abigail Humphreys, The Daily Athenaeum
Second Place: Krislin Nuzum, WVU Office of Accessibility Services
Third Place: Matt Jarrett, Digital Publishing Institute
Congratulations to all of the interns on their accomplishments this term, including:
- Abigail Humphreys, who created four new blogs for The Daily Athenaeum: TheDAeats.WordPress.com; TheDAsports.WordPress.com; TheDAabroad.WordPress.com; and TheDAstyle.WordPress.com.
- Matt Jarrett, who served as a managing editor for WVU’s Digital Publishing Institute.
- Megan Lawrence, who took on website content development tasks at WVU Extension Service.
- Krislin Nuzum, who raised student awareness of accessibility services through the WVU Office of Accessibility Services.
- Cody Roane, who racked up bylines at New South Media.
- Samantha Thomas, who wrote blogs and designed a brochure for the WVU Center for Women’s and Gender Studies.
- Alexandra Vaughn, who joined the WVU Department of Communications Studies in conducting research on television binge-watching.
- Thomas Wolfe, who’s editing work helped improve the consistency and efficiency of the US General Services Administration internal communications.
Thank you to everyone who supported these talented English majors by attending the poster exhibit and voting for their favorite posters. A special thanks to the events' three judges, as well: Lydia Welker, Nathalie Singh-Corcoran and Tom Sura.