Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July-ish

Dear Tenants,

I have not forgotten about you. In fact, I've spent days (and days!) looking for just the right July-ish Richard Scarry drawing to let you know that I'm thinking of you.

Alas, I can find nothing. No pigs having picnics. No cats swimming. No Lowly Worm doing anything summer-y.

What I did find is this pic of a boy and a girl and a lot of rabbits. I'm not sure what it means. Especially given the hats. A crown? What for? Very confusing. On one hand, I'm reminded of an assignment I once had in my all-girls Catholic high school creative writing class: all those rabbits... that's a lesson... write about it... in a one-act drama! On the other hand... I got nothing.

But I am thinking of you and hoping you're having a good July and not succumbing to any "Oh no! It's July already!" panicking. I mean, just because we start school in August (what's wrong the world??), it's still only July. We'll let you know when it's time to panic.

And if you have thoughts about those rabbits (one is wearing a hat, too, no? the favored rabbit?), send us a postcard.





No comments:

Post a Comment