AVAILABLE GRADUATE ASSISTANT POSITION
REGENTS BACHELOR OF ARTS PROGRAM
Academic Year 2012-2013
Nature of Program: The Regents BA (RBA) Program is a state-wide program offered at WVU through the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences. This innovative program serves non-traditional students and provides a comprehensive general education without the requirement of a major. The RBA office advises over 300 students per semester with emphasis on an individualized program of study to fit the student’s particular needs. RBA students are diverse in age, experience and interests.
Position Requirements: The GA position requires helping adult students plan their programs of study, assisting them with registration, updating RBA files and spreadsheets, and contributing to the general operation of the RBA office as needed.
The assignment requires 20 hours of work per week in the RBA office during regular office hours. Specific times are flexible to accommodate the GA’s classroom schedule as well as the needs of the students.
· Enrolled at WVU in a full-time graduate program 2012-2013. Preference given to Eberly College of Arts and Sciences students.
· Excellent communication skills and working with diverse student populations are essential.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and with supervision
· Knowledge of WVU’s program offerings and registration system is helpful.
· Word processing and computer skills are necessary, particularly Word and Excel.
· Ability to create and analyze spreadsheets for student trends and records management is necessary.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this position, applications must have been admitted to a full-time graduate program in the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences. If no suitable ECAS candidate is found, applicants outside the college will be considered.
Stipend: $12,400 for 9 months plus tuition waiver and basic health insurance. Starting date: August 15, 2012 and runs through May 15, 2013.
Application: Please submit a resume and cover letter addressing: 1) the requirements mentioned above, 2) your graduate program and 3) availability schedule, either as email or in person to Carol Hando (firstname.lastname@example.org) Regents BA Office, 221 Armstrong Hall. Phone: 293-5441, ext. 4. Screening of applications starts April 30, continuing until a suitable candidate is found.