Friday, September 4, 2009

Game Plan

In marked contrast to my colleagues, who have some class and who are thus leery of using the blog for obvious self-promotion, I'd like to take this opportunity to unveil my new game plan: I'm going to become a minor celebrity through my academic writing.

Goal: Partying with lesser Kardashians and Jenners, abusive items about me posted on Gawker and Jezebel, possibly a reality tv show.

The Background: A few years back I did a paper for a conference on the Coen brothers' film The Big Lebowski entitled "Logjammin’ and Gutterballs: Masculinities in The Big Lebowski.” An edited collection of the conference papers, The Year's Work in Lebowski Studies, is due out in the fall. Today the editors, who apparently scour the internet for any mention of the conference or collection, sent me a link to this article in The Daily Californian.

Interjection: California!

Estimated Time until Paris and I are shopping on Rodeo together: 6 months.
Estimated Time until The Real Professors of Monongalia County airs: 15 months
Estimated Time until I'm found passed out at the computer with only half a paragraph of a think piece on Mad Men that was due at Vanity Fair three months earlier: 2 and a half years

3 comments:

  1. Isn't the color great? Reese and Jake helped me pick it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something different about your look in this photo...is it the goatee? ;-)

    ReplyDelete