Yesterday, the Professional Writing and Editing (PWE) program hosted the biannual PWE Poster Exhibit, where PWE capstone students showcase their writing and editing internship work for the university community.
Judges' and attendees' votes have been tallied, and the winners of the top poster awards are:
Third Place: Alyssa Lazar, WVU Office of Accessibility Services
Congratulations to all of the interns on their accomplishments this term, including:
- Dakota Adkins, who worked on employee and parent handbooks as an editor for the Morgantown Early Learning Facility.
- Shana Burleson, who joined the FiT Publishing team as a writing and editing intern.
- Rachel Del Signore, who shared the ins and outs of beekeeping and heirloom beans through her web writing and editing at WVU Extension Services.
- Zachary Henderson, the future physician who moonlighted as a journalist at Connect-Bridgeport.
- Alyssa Lazar, who transformed the inaccessible at the WVU Office of Accessibility Services.
- Kaitlin Licause, who was immersed in editing Bad Ideas About Writing at the Digital Publishing Institute.
- Sierra Meyers, who developed training materials to improve interoffice and customer communication at Cellular Express.
- Alexis Randolph, who improved the social media presence of the WVU Press and married Press and Sigma Tau Delta events.
- Casey Vealey, who worked on alumni newsletters for the 21 departments of Eberly College through its Office of Marketing and Communications.
Thank you to everyone who supported these talented English majors by attending the poster exhibit and voting for their favorite posters. A special thanks to the events' three judges, as well: Lydia Welker, Catherine Gouge and Tom Sura.